The holder of the certification “Operator of Virtual and Augmented Reality applications in Tourism and Culture” is defined as an individual who is able to use technological knowledge related to augmented reality to enrich the tourism experience and enhance accessibility to culture. Successful participation in the certification examination for the subject ‘Operator of Virtual and Augmented Reality applications in Tourism and Culture’ demonstrates an individual’s knowledge to support the successful implementation and operation of virtual and augmented reality in the cultural and tourism sector.
Possible/indicative job duties include the following:
- Importing data into VR (Virtual Reality) and AR (Augmented Reality) applications
- Continuous updates on current trends and technologies in VR and AR.
- Evaluation activities on user satisfaction.
- Working with the appropriate people (such as VR and AR application designers and technicians and tourism experts to design VR and AR applications), as required.
Conditions for taking the certification test:
- Age: At least 18 years old
- Graduate of compulsory education, as applicable in his/her country of origin or residence.