The holder of the “Information systems and coastal environmental sustainability” certification is defined as an individual who is able to fully understand how to use technology to monitor, analyse and manage coastal environmental issues, contributing to the sustainability of coastal resources. Successful participation in the certification examination for the subject ‘Information systems and coastal environmental sustainability‘ demonstrates the knowledge to properly use advanced technological tools to provide valuable information on the state of coastal areas, contributing to planning and decision making.
Indicative job duties include the following:
- Monitoring the state of coastal environments through IT systems
- Participation in data analysis
- Using social networks to raise awareness of coastal environmental sustainability
Requirements for taking the certification test:
Be 18 years old or older and have/be:
- Academic Degree
- Graduate of an optional secondary school, as applicable in his/her country of origin or residence and completion of a training programme of at least 30 hours in a relevant subject
- Graduate of secondary education with an educational orientation in a relevant subject
- Graduate of compulsory education, as applicable in his/her country of origin or residence and completion of a training programme of at least 50 hours in a relevant subject
- Graduate of compulsory education, as applicable in his/her country of origin or residence and at least 6 months of relevant work experience.
* In this sub-scheme, is given the possibility to the candidate to be evaluated either in Greek or in English. In case the candidate chooses to be examined in the English language, it is recommended that his/her level of knowledge in English is at least B1 (moderate knowledge).