The holder of the certificate in the educational subject “IT Systems Security ” is defined as the person who possesses the necessary knowledge to participate effectively in processes related to the security of information systems. Successful participation in the certification examination for the subject ‘IT Systems Security’ demonstrates the basic knowledge that a person possesses in order to manage in an appropriate manner the knowledge of information technologies and to ensure their protection.
Indicative job duties include the following:
- participating in the design of secure policies relating to information systems.
- monitoring the implementation of the security plan.
- information systems management.
- working and communicating in a team context.
Requirements for taking the certification test:
Be 18 years old or older and have/be:
- Academic Degree
- Graduate of an optional secondary school, as applicable in his/her country of origin or residence and completion of a training programme of at least 30 hours in a relevant subject
- Graduate of secondary education with an educational orientation in a relevant subject
- Graduate of compulsory education, as applicable in his/her country of origin or residence and completion of a training programme of at least 50 hours in a relevant subject
- Graduate of compulsory education, as applicable in his/her country of origin or residence and at least 6 months of relevant work experience.
* In this sub-scheme, is given the possibility to the candidate to be evaluated either in Greek or in English. In case the candidate chooses to be examined in the English language, it is recommended that his/her level of knowledge in English is at least B1 (moderate knowledge).