The purpose of this specialization is to certify the specialized knowledge that an employee must have in order to be able to design and build user-friendly and interactive websites, as well as to create software applications (apps), with an emphasis on web technology. Certified staff will be involved in the design, development and maintenance of websites, as well as the installation and management of a variety of web applications and other related innovative technologies.
Potential job duties of a Web Design and Application Specialist include:
- Deals with the processing of database data and presentation of data on the internet.
- Installs (installation) and configures (configuration) the software of computer networks with emphasis on internet/intranet networks.
- Deals with database design and connection to the programming environment and web applications.
Requirements for taking the certification test:
- Graduate of compulsory education, as applicable in his/her country of origin or residence.
* In this sub-scheme, is given the possibility to the candidate to be evaluated either in Greek or in English. In case the candidate chooses to be examined in the English language, it is recommended that his/her level of knowledge in English is at least B1 (moderate knowledge).